I was going to discuss the immune system today, but really couldn't pass up writing about Thanksgiving instead! Sorry - the immune system it will have to wait until next month.
As I've said before, Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday of the year. For me, it's got all the happiness and gratitude with family or friends - without the presents, stress, and religion - so anyone can celebrate! I also love pumpkin pie, I must admit.
At my parents home on Thanksgiving, we all go around the table and say something that we're thankful for - and my Aunt always ends up in tears (of gratitude I think!).
This year I'm extra thankful for so many things:
- the Indigenous lands that we live on
- my ability to help patients with their health and wellbeing
- a career that allows me to learn and grow and problem solve every single day
- the ability of my body to move (I think this a lot when I'm exercising and don't really feel like doing it!)
- having a warm and safe and happy home
- the sunny weather that Toronto has been having
- the new Mandy's Thanksgiving Salad recipe that I'll be bringing to dinner on Sunday
- the gorgeous fall colours that are starting
This is a picture of one of my favourite trees in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
My list of gratitude is endless! I hope you have a wonderful long weekend and in the midst of everything can find something to be thankful for as well.