Happy New Year! It's been a cold start to the new year in Toronto, but as always - I've been out walking and enjoying some time in nature.
2021 was a tough year, and I've been told that gratitude was "so last year". I love incorporating gratitude into my daily life, but I also have to grieve all that was lost in 2021 so I can more forward and not feel stuck. I'd encourage you to do the same - we have lost a lot of normalcy and I want us all to be able to move forward in a healthy & happy fashion.
Some of the things that I will be grieving are:
- holidays without family & friends
- not having family and friends over to hang out
- my son not having an amazing year of in-person school
- fun plans getting cancelled over and over
- feeling uncertain about the future
- having to rely on zoom for social interactions for part of the year
- feeling restricted on my exercise choices with gyms being closed and having gyms feel unsafe to me
- feeling uncertain about so many daily decisions I make, even though I'm following government rules
On the gratitude front, I'm thankful for our dog... and yes, I've turned into one of those dog people :)
I'm hopeful for a better 2022, and would love to hear your thoughts on it all!